I have just found this amazing resource/blog – highly recommend checking it out if you are interested in Oceania.
LINK TO PACIFIC READING DROPBOX
These docs are under the History of the Pre-Colonial Pacific subfolder
Readings that are bold are my personal favorites. Happy reading!!
- New England Missionary Wives, Hawaiian Women and ‘The Cult of True Womanhood” by Patricia Grimshaw
- The Postmodern Legacy of a Premodern Warrior Goddess in Modern Samoa by Malama Meleisea
- Tuku Whenua and Land Sale in New Zealand in the Nineteenth Century by Margaret Mutu
- Aupuni (From Dismembering Lahui: A History of the Hawaiian Monarchy to 1887) by Jonathan Kay Kamakawiwo’ole Osorio
- Scholarship from a Lazy Native by Teresia K. Teaiwa
- Tatauing the Post-Colonial Body by Albert Wendt
- Possessing Tahiti by Greg Dening
- The Past Before Us by Nehe Dewes
- Simply Chamorro: Telling Tales of Demise and Survival in Guam by Vicente M. Diaz
- The Other One-Third of the Globe by Ben Finney
- Beyond “the English Method of Tattooing”: Decentering the Practice of History in…
View original post 68 more words